Monday, January 28, 2008

Laughter: the Ballad of the Notorious J. K.

Having nothing better to do, I decided to browse the Net for information about one of my favorite novelists, J. K. Rowling. After browsing through dozens of websites about the famous author of the Harry Potter series, I decided to have a little fun and started searching Google for famous personalities whose names begin with the letters “J” and “K”, and to my absolute surprise, there are quite a few, to wit: J. K. Simmons who gained popularity by playing the obsessively egotistical J. Jonah Jameson in all of the three Spiderman movies; J. K. Coltrain who is considered to be a legendary country music entertainer, singer and songwriter; J.K Amalou, a known director, producer and writer; and, J. K. Wisoff, an astronaut. Aside from famous personalities, there also is a J. K. Motel, a J. K. Comfort System, a J. K. Restaurant and hundreds more. It comes as no surprise, therefore, that in our little office we also have a J. K.

We were sipping wine and eating caviar (read: drinking beer and eating peanuts) in a very classy and quiet place (read: airport) when suddenly the still and quiet night was pierced by the thunderous and deafening laughter of one of our companions. The seconds seemed to drag on for hours as the dozens of people who were also there stared at us like we have just committed a heinous crime. To avoid further embarassment, me and my other companion just made like a turtle and hid our faces. In my mind I was shouting “Kill me! Kill me now!” They must have seen the look of terror in our faces because they were soon minding their own businesses after a while. I will never forget that evening, for it was then that I discovered that one of our dear friends is, in reality, the notorious Jessika Kalaka aka "Jeka or J. K.", who is wanted in the 7,107 islands of the Philippines for being the country’s “most noisy citizen”.

She was last seen sitting at her office desk, reading this very same article. She may be smiling, or worse, laughing her heart out. If you happen to witness her commit a crime, please go to the nearest blackboard and write her name in bold letters on the most noisy list. If you have any information as to her whereabouts do not hesitate to contact the authorities.

For an illustration of how dangerous J. K. is, please refer to the graph below.
p.s. Atomicgirl, kumusta ka na?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Frnz. I'm fine here. Thank you. Nice of you to ask how I am through your blog post. Haha. May pa-PS-PS ka pang nalalaman.